Friday, June 18, 2010

Zing Zang Zoom

Last night we went to the "Greatest Show on Earth." It was a birthday surprise for Allie. By surprise, I mean we told her about it a couple weeks ago to see if it might be of any interest to her or not. She seemed excited so we bought tickets. We didn't mention it again until yesterday so last night was a big surprise for her since she didn't remember our previous mentioning of it. It was so sweet when not even half way through the show Allie leaned over and whispered, "Mom, this is the greatest surprise ever!" That put a huge smile on my face. She's growing up way too fast! It really was a good show....it had Derek and I on the edge of our seats with several of the acts. I really loved it though because my sweet little girl was so lovey dovey. Throughout the last half of the show she sat on our laps just cuddling with us as we watched the performers. (while the other tried to calm a very cranky and tired little toddler) Avery was really good though considering we were up late the night before and she was up super early and only took about a 30 minute nap yesterday.......plus we got to the show an hour early for the pre-show. She really didn't start getting cranky until the last 45 minutes, which was well past her bedtime. Of course, she was up at 7am this morning but it's now 8am and she's back in bed :0)
Pictures aren't all that great because I couldn't find the right setting on the camera and, really, I was too into the show to take pics!
Oh, and Allie's favorite part: the dancing "clouds" - aka clowns.

Larry the clown - "that's Papa's name!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Allie the big smile on her face tells it all.I can see she is full of excitement...So sweet !!

Love you..G G

Introspective Steph said...

Rob's never been to a circus! That's something I plan on doing with William (when he gets older)and rob!

Anonymous said...

Allie, what an awesome birthday
surprise!! I bet you had a great
time. Can't wait to hear all about
it.
Love,Mony