Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Helotes Hubers



Time for just a few pics of the house. Things are still not completely organized so these are just a few of the pictures I took while we were painting. I promise there will be more to come later - and maybe even a little tour of the house -. Referring to the title of this post, Helotes is actually the city we live in. It's just Northwest of San Antonio, right at the start of "Hill Country." Our subdivision is Iron Horse Canyon and is actually made up of little communities (the further up the hill you get the bigger and ritzier the homes - fyi we're at the bottom! haha) The picture above is the Iron Horse. This pic was actually taken from our back yard. Somewhat of an eye sore having part of our fence that iron fence and the huge pile of rocks right there BUT there are some perks to it. On the other side is a waterfall so when we're outside it's a really nice, peaceful little sound. Plus, we're on a corner lot so that means we're not right on top of our neighbors and there isn't anyone behind us.

Here is Derek painting the entry way. It's soooo high up - I couldn't do it. Do you like the color? It's pretty much what we painted the whole house.......I just thought it needed some color instead of the boring white. It's actually not the color I had in mind, but I like it.
Allie painting her very PINK room. Being a little dyslexic : o)
Starting to get the hang of it...
That's my girl!!
I LOVE our kitchen. It's so big!
The layout is unique. This is me looking down from the gameroom (playroom). If you go up the other set of stairs it takes you to all of the bedrooms.
Part of our backyard. It needs a lot of work.
Deck and more of the yard....

6 comments:

Introspective Steph said...

looks good so far. I really like the color that you painted your whole house. I want to paint our living room, dining room and hallway a camel color...kinda like that color. :)

Your house is super nice too!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sure is nice!! We can't
wait to visit. Keep the pics
coming, I really enjoy them.
Thanks so much for all the updates
to the computer. We enjoy looking
at all the pics and watching the
videos.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Very nice home guys.....Allie is so cute painting her room. Keep the pic's coming....update often.

Love, G/G

Katrina Senasec said...

Wow, the house looks so nice!!! I saw your comment about Allie, too cute, I wish we could come to her party! :)

Charity Brown said...

VERY nice!!!! Love the house! And the layout looks pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Wow Brooke! It looks great! I like that color. That is what we did to our house too. We painted the kids rooms a different color, but the rest of the house is a light tan color. I love your kitchen! Keep posting pictures!
Erin Allen