Friday, March 6, 2009

Tum On.....We Want Spring

Earlier this week the girls and I went to the library. Allie loves it there! They have little tables and chairs that are just her size with lots of fun puzzles to put together. Of course, she loves to pick out a few books to read and take home along with a movie of her choice (usually something with princesses). This time she even used the computer while we were there....playing a Sesame Street shapes and colors game (the little mouse and headphones are soooo cute!) She was a pro at the game, but still needs help controlling the mouse. We'll get her computer hooked up one of these days and then she'll get better at it. Anyway, while she was playing the game another little girl came up to the table behind us and started putting the puzzles together so Allie lost interest in the computer and wanted to put puzzles together again. She went right up to her and started up a little conversation.....it was sooo cute! At one point she said, "Do you have a Daddy?" I don't know what made her say that! Maybe because she was with her Grandma and didn't see her Dad. Anyway the girl said yes and then asked Allie if she had a Daddy and she said, "No, he's at school." I could't help but laugh.......the little girl thought that she didn't have a Daddy then!

The weather is starting to get nice out again. Yay! It's about time. I can't wait until it's a constant thing and we can get out of the house more. I'm really excited to be able to enjoy this spring and summer. There is so much to do around here. It should be a blast! So today it's in the low 60's....a little windy, but not too bad. I took the girls to a really cool playground that I stumbled upon while I was trying to find my way out of a different exit on base (yes, I got lost). This playground is so cool! I remembered some realtor telling us about a playground by the hospital but I never saw it before and I've been to the hospital MANY times. Well, I would say it's more by the housing rather than the hospital, but at any rate, I found it and I know Allie was super excited that I did. She LOVED it and didn't want to leave. I actually loved it too......I was envisioning some sweet obstacle courses!



We had the whole playground to ourselves for a while and then a few more kids eventually showed up. I noticed Allie observing them and while she was swinging. I knew it was a matter of time before she would ask to get down so she could go follow them around. She finally did and I watched from a short distance.......hearing her start the conversations and then saying, "Tum on, let's go." I was very impressed especially with how shy I am. I don't want her to be like that. I know she usually trys to take charge of her younger friends, but these kids were definitely older than her and they did play with her.

Anyway, lots of fun! Avery enjoyed being outside too! Come on SPRING!!!!!
On a side note, Avery is sitting up by herself pretty well now. Not to the point where we can really leave her though....she's still pretty wobbly. But she's doing great!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello girls!! looks like you had
a good time. You will have to take
Mony and Papa to your new park.
Avery you are a big girl.

Tami H. said...

Go Avery! That's pretty cute what Alli said about her dad!

Anonymous said...

Hello big girl "Avery". Allie you look so cute playing in the park. Sure looks like a good place to for you to go this summer!

G/G