I know I never updated anyone via the blog on how Derek's nose was and I am behind on updating the girls as well. So here it goes:
- Derek did go to the ENT Dr the next day and got his nose rebroken to put back into place. OUCH! It does look a lot better, but is still a little crooked. He got his stitches taken out too....and has a nice scar from it. The Dr did tell him that he couldn't play any contact sports for the next 3-6 months. He was dissapointed about that and asked if there was any way he could get a mask. The Doc said no, the military doesn't give that kind of stuff out. After seeing Kramer get a broken nose in a recent Purdue basketball game and with him coming back in a face mask Derek decided to go out and buy one too. He got the Dr's permission and is now back to playing indoor soccer.
- Derek also had a recent oral surgery. They had to tear away his gums to expose a tooth that was dead and hack at that tooth to make it smaller so they could put a crown on it.
- I can't believe that I've missed Avery's 5 month post! She'll be 6 months on Saturday!! Time has just flown by.........so much so that I had been holding out on giving her cereal for the longest time. I had given her some between 4 & 5 months with a medicine dropper a few times, but then never gave her any more. Finally, I gave her some with a spoon last week and she LOVED it. She smiled the biggest smile. I know she was probably thinking, "It's about time Mom!" She can sort of sit up by herself now, but tends to lean forward so much that she eventually falls. She is enjoying tummy time a little bit more and sometimes it looks like she's going to start scooting forward. She still adores her big sister even though she isn't so nice to her sometimes. She's definitely a Mommy's girl and is soooooo spoiled.
- Allie is getting big too! Since we've moved in to the new house she has started going potty on the big girl potty more than ever. We really thought the move would make it worse so that was a very nice surprise. Also, one day we were sitting at the kitchen table eating dinner and she looked back at the refridgerator and then started singing the alphabet. We were in shock! We work with her alot on it but she's never said it all the way through by herself before. I told my Mom and Dad about it and they just figured that she had been doing it for a while because she was singing it for them while they were here for our move!
- As for me, nothing is new. My Mom and Bryan came to visit this weekend and so I went snowboarding with Derek and a couple friends. The house is slowly getting put together. We're enjoying playing Mario Kart once the girls go to sleep for the night........and that's about it!

No comments:
Post a Comment