Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Where A Kid Can Be A Kid.......


.....or a Mom, Grandma & Grandpa can be a kid! You all know what I'm talking about........Chuck E Cheese's!!!!! While we were in Lafayette my Mom and Dad wanted to take Allie to Chuck E Cheese. They took Monday off so we could spend the day there (ended up being the evening). Allie had never been before, but she knew all about Chuck E Cheese from commercials and seeing coupons I've been saving. When we got there Chuck E Cheese wasn't around, but towards the end of our day he came out to a birthday party at the table next to us. She didn't want to have anything to do with him! As we were leaving to go up to the prize counter he started back towards us. My Dad and I were still at the table gathering things up and I heard a shrill little scream and Allie was sprinting (I mean this is the fastest I've ever seen her run) back towards us! I don't know why she is so afraid of him, but surely she'll grow out of it someday.

Anyway, I think we all had a really good time there. My Mom seemed to enjoy skeeball and I was on fire at the basketball thingy. Every time someone plays it and doesn't score over 60 points the tally for the amount of tickets you'll get keeps going up. The first time I played I got 54 points.....so close! Next thing I know there are a couple people that must have been watching and wanted to play against me to see if they could be me......not a chance! I wasn't going to leave until I scored over 60....finally the last token of the night I got 63 and the tally was 51 so we got 51 tickets too. Allie was excited to have them to use towards her prize.


Anyway, so funny story on our way to Chuck E Cheese's. Allie was exhausted and actually fell asleep about 5 minutes before we got there. We pulled up and tried telling her that we were there. She wouldn't budge. So, I took her hand and again, told her we were here. She sort of opened her eyes so I proceeded to tell her over again and asked her if she still wanted to go. She mumbled yes and fell right back to sleep! Poor little thing! She finally snapped out of it, but she was still so tired......maybe that's why she was afraid of Chuck.....she's always extra sensitive when she's tired.


Another funny thing. Before we went to Chuck E Cheese we ate lunch (Arni's......yum) and picked up Avery's prescription. We knew then that Allie was tired so instead of going to Chuck E Cheese then, we went to GG's........hoping she would take a nap. On our way there my Mom said I think A-L-L-I-E is about out (she spelled out her name). Allie sat straight up and said NO! She didn't take a nap while we were there anyway, but I did!

FUn, FUN, FUN!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allie hope you had as much fun as
I had at Chuck E Cheese!!! Do you
want to go again??? Hope you can
visit me soon, I miss you.
Love Mony

Anonymous said...

Allie, how did you like Chuck E Cheese? Bet Mony and mommie had more fun...........

GG