Friday, January 30, 2009

Our Little Snowboarder

So, Derek has been talking about getting Allie on the slopes before she was even born and since he had yet another snow day today we took the opportunity to fulfill his dream. We went with two other couples to Mad River Mountain Resort in Bellefontaine, OH and spent the entire day there. It's actually the best midwest resort I've ever been to. I really thought Derek's dreams would be shattered because Allie tends to be quite shy and doesn't usually like to try new things. Boy was I wrong about this though! She had a BLAST! I was so surprised, happy and excited for her.......and Derek. She was absolutely ADORABLE!!




Avery hanging out in the lodge


Allie & Adeline


Riding up the belt to the top of the slope


This was the best video I got of her. I can't believe she actually went by herself! My favorite part about this video is seeing the trust and faith she has in her Daddy by letting go and knowing that he will be there to catch her by just raising her little arm up. I was kind of sad because as I started taking another video the camera died and Allie actually went down the slope by herself for quite a while then. She was absolutely awesome. We LOVE her! She definitely has the snowboarding bug now because she has since said, "I want to go snowboarding again" 5 or 6 times since she turned her board in!

Yes, as you can see from the pics I finally got back out on a snowboard. It's been five years since I was last on one and I broke my wrist the last time I was on one too. So it took a lot of courage on my part, but I did it! I was quite nervous and very slow and cautious. I got frustrated pretty easily, but at least I did it, right!?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, i was really nervous when you
called last night and told me what
you had done, but omg she looks like a pro!!! Looks like you had
a great day. Love, Mom

Nicole and Abe said...

Love the pictures. You will have to email some to me....nicolesbarker@gmail.com

I am going to update my blog right now and I have some great pictures of you guys. I don't think I have your email though to send them to you...

Anonymous said...

Oh, Allie you are cute, a real little pro..Miss Avery looks perfectly content lounging in the lodge....are your eyes turning brown, Miss Avery?

Tami H. said...

I love the video when she puts her hands on her thighs, then lifts it back up for Derek to hold. Pretty darn cute!!