Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Visit Home ~ Indiana {June Backpost}

As soon as school let out for the summer we were off to the States to visit our families. It had been a year since I had seen my parents and 2 years since we had seen anyone else. Long overdue!

We arrived very late at night and the next day my family had a big welcome home party planned for us. I feel really bad because we were SO tired. It was great to see so much family though and how much effort and thought and money they had put into the get together was just so amazing to me. I loved seeing everyone but I couldn't help but feel a little out of place. There were even comments about how it was the quietest get together they had ever had. They have all been through so much and experienced so much together those past 2 years and I/we haven't been there -- in those times of joy, times of thankfulness, times of sorrow. So it was hard for me. I couldn't quite find my place. I know I pulled back. I do run on emotions and it's so hard for me to let my wall down -- in person. Always feeling so much, but saying so little. But, I love my family very much and even if I feel a little out of place I still love and relish every moment with them.


They had a waterslide and amazing food, a hayride, and karaoke.

 


Allie celebrated her TENTH birthday while we were there. We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Pepe's. She gets sung to and gets to wear a sombrero and free fried ice cream! The ice cream is the only reason she ever picks that place -- the only "Mexican" food she likes is salsa! We didn't have a party for her until later so she was able to have some more ice cream before bed that night.

A couple days later everyone got together to celebrate.

We ate at Pizza King twice....the kids love that the train delivers their drinks!

Aunt Amy cut their hair

She wasn't so sure she wanted her hair cut...
 
But she loved it!
 
We went to the Indianapolis Children's Museum and Dave & Busters
 
 
 

Baked muffins with Papa


We had to pause our Indiana visit while we went out to Utah for the Huber family reunion, but came back for the 4th of July weekend.

While back we celebrated Blake and Avery's birthday early at the 4th festivities, played games and had the annual cornhole tournament (which Derek and I have never been able to participate in). Derek and I were randomly drawn to be partners.....and well, we won! :)


My brother did such a great job of trying to break the awkwardness of not seeing each other in such a long time. And to think, he's the one that has gone through so much! He is so amazing!
 
 

We then celebrated Blake and Avery's birthday at Pepe's -- Avery loves Mexican food, just like her Mom and Dad.......but they really wanted fried ice cream too.

We helped load all of my parents furniture into a storage unit. Sad to think when we go back they will be in a new house!


We had Indiana sweet corn too! Yummo!!


We went to GG's pool and cousins met us there!


Allie cracked open her oyster from Derek for her birthday (he was in Destin while we were in Indiana for the first half of our visit)

We went and saw the fireworks show in downtown Lafayette.
 
A see ya later lunch with GG.
 
And some more pictures from the trip
 
 
Miss them all like crazy.

No comments: