Our "happy" little fox. The kids went to their friend, Addison's, birthday party.....I think it was the end of January. I've lost track of when things actually happened with the Paris trip. It was a busy week leading up to that trip!
A sweet surprise from Derek after returning home from Paris.
The kids had a half day at the beginning of the month. Avery and a friend had a play date at the skating rink. Blake and Allie tagged along. We had the whole place to ourselves! Blake's first time skating!!
There were several 2 hour delays at the beginning of the month, not really because of snow but the possibility of it, cold temps and ice. One day we did actually wake up to some snow! I'm glad I let the kids play in it because it was gone by the time they got home. However, Allie came home from school that day with a 102 temp! She was completely fine that morning as you can tell!
The 100th day of school was on the Friday I was in Paris. We thought it was going to be the Monday after I got back, but found out Tuesday afternoon that it was Friday! Avery and I quickly brainstormed and came up with something super creative and all our own! No pinterest copying on this one! There was some significance with the hedgehog choice. Their school mascot is a hedgehog.
The spelling bee selection was going on the week I left for Paris as well. Of course, that was the week Allie was sick and missed a day and a half of school. They were doing their spelling bee trial in the classroom and Allie was so upset because that meant that there was no way she could go on to the school spelling bee finals. The school nurse was so sweet in helping to figure out a way that Allie might still be able to participate. One teacher even went and tracked down Allie's 2nd grade teacher to see how well of a speller Allie was. To which Ms. Shafer replied that Allie was her top student last year. :) That made Allie's day and instantly made her feel better. And......I got a phone call in Paris from Allie saying she made the spelling bee!!
The spelling bee was last week and she did really well. She finished right in the middle of the pack. She was really upset when she got eliminated. She has such high expectations for herself. We are so proud of her!
A peek at the girls' Valentine's cards this year. Allie's had glow sticks in Yoda's hand. Her party is actually today. We couldn't find the glow sticks anywhere in time for Avery's party so we just used her hama beads to make those Yoda's.
And.......a goofy selfie.
.jpg)
.jpg)





4 comments:
I'm sure the kids had a great time
playing in the snow!!!!Great job on
the hedgehog and cleaver idea. Good
job on the spelling bee Allie. Class
pictures are cute but the selfie of
you and Blake ranks #1, lol!
Love ya,
Mom
:) It's quite laughable. My eyes, his lips. We know how purrrrty! Isn't that right, Mrs. Cleaver?! ;)
How cute!!!! Love/miss you guys!
forgot to give derek a high five for
having flowers for you when you got
home!
Post a Comment