Allie had to choose a person to research and then give an oral report on that person......and dress up as them too. Any guesses who she chose? It really is no surprise that she chose Jane Goodall. Allie is such an animal lover. She has changed her mind about wanting to be a teacher when she grows up, to a veterinarian. She is constantly bringing home animal books from the library. Allie researched Ms. Goodall completely on her own and before I knew it she already had her report written up! Derek is not a fan of Jane Goodall so he was constantly poking fun, not at Allie, but Jane Goodall. He listens to Adam Corolla religiously and she had been on his show not too long ago and she said something to Adam along the lines of "you do not know how wrong you are." and so Derek was just always saying that to Allie in his best Jane Goodall voice. Okay, I did too.....it was pretty catchy. She HATED it! It was kinda funny. Allie is such a loyal person though and if we were making fun of the person she was identifying with, well then she was going to stick up for her!
It's finally starting to warm up some here. Blake and I went to the playground and we had so much fun playing. I love that he is completely content to play with his Momma and he is not ashamed of it at all. He is also sporting his new Ninja Turtle sweatshirt that he that he wants to wear EVERY.DAY.
Oh, and Blake went to his very first friend party. Like a party that his sisters weren't invited to! It was for his friend, Isaac. They are soooo cute together.
Avery also lost her 2nd tooth!! It had been so loose for the longest time. I know it was bothering her because she would ask Derek to pull it almost every night........and then she would chicken out. On the day of Hedgehog Hangout it was just hanging there. She so badly wanted to lose it at school. She had some idea that she would get a necklace to keep it in and then she could proudly display it for all to see. I don't think they do that at FES. Maybe she got the idea from Allie's last school. Allie was pretty sure that's what they did at MME. When I arrived at lunch time she couldn't even take a bite of her sandwich because of her tooth! Her teacher came up with a grand idea to let me pull it and everyone could cheer for her once it was out. I seriously just put my hand on it pushed a little and it was out. Her teacher, the principal, her classmates and other fellow first graders were all there to cheer for her and I am quite certain it made her day. :)
Girls were in school. Blake wasn't feeling well---so he was resting. I decided to make up some freezer meals and then used the leftover chicken to make up a few lunches! I made up all 8 freezer meals all before 11 am. These will be so handy with the upcoming soccer season. No more eating out every night after practice and games!!
Biggest news of all. Derek has been selected for promotion!!! He is so very deserving of this. Of course, he is disappointed because he didn't get a school slot.....which I agree is disappointing. I seriously don't know many that are more deserving of a school slot than this guy. He likes to joke that he gets all that gray hair from me and the kids (probably somewhat true) but I am pretty sure he gets it from his job. He works harder than anyone I know, puts WAY more hours in than anyone I know. The other disappointment, it may still be a while before this actually happens.



1 comment:
Allison you look so much the part!
I want to hear your speech! Avery
loves an audience doesn't she. I
knew Blake would be a Ninja Turtle
lover. Congrats Derek for all you
do for your family and serving our
country. Brooke, your family will
love your hard work in making all
those meals. Love you all
Mom
Post a Comment