Monday, November 3, 2014

October Highlights



  • Roasting Marshmallows

  • SOG Fall Fest (Derek's Unit at work)


  • Avery lost her first tooth!

  • Storybook Character Parade @ School (Princess Anna & GAHlinda)

"toss, toss"

Allie and her friend, Penelope

Keira, Penelope, Allie, Kennedy

 Allie's teacher

Avery & Cassi

More of Avery's class 

Blake liked the firetruck more than seeing all of the kids dressed up

  • Halloween Night -- Trick or Treating and Trunk or Treat at RAF Mildenhall

Followed by "Booing" 2 families of the kids' choice.

  • Trunk or Treat at church
I didn't actually end up going to this, so no pictures while there. The previous day, Halloween, the kids didn't have school. The girls came up with this brilliant idea to do a themed trunk or treat that worked around Avery's Elphaba costume. Allie would be the Tin Man, Blake a flying monkey, me the scarecrow and Derek the Wizard of Oz. We made and painted props for the trunk and had to come up with outfits for our costumes. The next day the girls had a birthday party to go to. By the time we got home from that, the church halloween party was getting ready to start.....we still had to get ready! Well, Derek never found anything to wear, Blake's wings for his costume weren't dry, and the props still weren't dry! I was so sad.....and I hate being late to things....I decided I would still dress the part just not paint my face. Then Derek lovingly offered me one of his flannel shirts to replace mine (his "nice" way of telling me I looked fat). So, I decided I just wasn't going to go. I think I was exhausted from everything because I fell asleep on the couch right away and woke up not knowing where I was or even what day it was!

  • Fall Fest @ school --- Avery's teacher painted this awesome hedgehog (school mascot)
  • Pajama Day at school for Avery's class as they studied and lived the life of nocturnal animals. Avery chose the name Hazel Hedgehog, but they ended up using their real names so she was Avery Hedgehog



  • Blake being silly and enjoying this amazing fall weather we've been having
  • Best buds playing car next to Mommy's bed






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh! Having trouble commenting on your posts :( I love the costumes and Blakes flying monkey hair! Happy Halloween!

TerriV said...

A lot of hard work on the costumes,
they look great!!! Allie is playing
the part of the tin man, her facial
expression is awesome!! Of course you know I thought Blake
looked adorable as a knight:) and
looks like Avery enjoyed being a
witch.Roasting marshmellows, yum.

Liz said...

I love the picture of Allie in her costume where she is posing like a super model. That could be an ad for the costume!

TerriV said...

What a beautiful surprise this
morning when I went to see if you had done any new posts!!!
This picture is awesome, everything
about it is beautiful:)
Love you,
Mom