Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's / President's Day Weekend

I love these long 3-4 day weekends! Valentine's day was Friday. Derek had the day off so we planned on taking the girls to school....that way they could sleep in a little longer (and us too!) I was shocked when I woke up and found the girls dressed and picking out their jewelry. Before I could even say anything they just looked at me with big smiles on their faces and said, "We didn't go to sleep last night!" What? You are going to be SO grumpy today. To which Allie replied, "Well, I slept a little." Those little sinkers were so excited for their Valentine's parties they couldn't sleep. Weirdos! ;)

Here are the girls after school.....still wired from all of the sweets.
 
Back up to while the girls were at school.....after dropping them off, Derek, Blake and I went out for breakfast and some bowling! The bowling alley was packed for about the first half hour we were there and then we had the place to ourselves.
 
 
 
Thank you for the shirt GG! "Man of Your Dreams!"
 
Of course Derek beat me in all of the games. This is the only sport he can beat me in though. ;)
 
Well, he beat me in ALMOST all of the games. Change things up, bowl left handed and the results are a little different.
 
After bowling we grabbed a few groceries and then went out for lunch.
 
Once the girls got home from school we got them quick snacks and then they were off to a friend's house for the evening. So, I continued Valentine's Day with my boys. Shopping at one of my favorite stores, eating at Nandos (a favorite restaurant), and then a quick stroll through this carnival that we just stumbled upon.
 
 
It was a great Valentine's Day!
 
Saturday we stayed in our pajamas all day and cleaned house. Sunday after church we took a nice, long bike ride through the village. Beautiful day!
 
Today we went back to the carnival with some friends and had a late lunch at Nandos. Fun weekend!
 
 
 
 
 
And here is Blake in his TMNT mask GG sent.........

4 comments:

TerriV said...

Wow, you did have a great weekend!
Loved the pictures as always:)

Mom

Craig and Ashley said...

The girls must have been really excited for ther parties! Love there outfits! Blake is growing up!

Craig and Ashley said...

Is that a chicken? Blake doesn't look to sure of it:)

alice.scanlon said...

I noticed Blake keeping an eye on the chicken!

Really cut pictures kiddies, you are all getting so big

Love you!