We haven't been up to much of anything. I left Blake with someone for the first time, since moving here, yesterday.....for 7 hours. This was a huge step for both of us!! haha. He was so excited to go and play with "Awesome". (that's how he says Austin & Autumn...his friends names) I don't think he realized that I wasn't staying though. It was a bit of a mess when I left him. Not even 10 minutes later I had a text though saying that Blake was completely fine now. Austin told Blake, "Blake it will be okay, your Mommy will be back to get you tomorrow." haha Blake said, "oh, ok." Blake and Austin played with monster trucks all day and I don't think Blake wanted to come home!
The girls are really into the movie "Frozen" right now. They sing the songs from the movie ALL DAY LONG! Allie is becoming quite the singer! So is Avery! And even Blake! Last night I found this picture posted on Facebook:
Allie wrote out the entire song, "Do you want to build a snowman?" from the movie, for her friend Aiden. Yes, there are several spelling mistakes but I was so impressed with how she used quotations and a bracket for the sound of the clock going tick tock! She did this while on the bus. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before that they have an hour bus ride. Sometimes Allie will do her homework so she won't have to do it when she gets home. Sometimes she will even help all of the Kindergartners on the bus do their homework.....well the 3 that are all in Avery's class and have the same homework. She insists that she doesn't do it for them and just helps them when needed.
After Christmas break Avery's class made gingerbread houses. Derek was able to go and be with Avery for some help.
A couple weeks ago the girls were out of school for Teacher Records Day. We had parent teacher conference with Avery. She hasn't progressed much since last conference. I'm starting to think she may have to repeat Kindergarten, she's still well below where Kindergartners should be at this point in the school year. Anyway, instead of going somewhere on this day off, we stayed home and the girls did this little activity.
Avery's
Allie's
They also jumped on the trampoline. We got this sometime last month. It was on $30 and they've been wanting one. They love it....when it's warm enough to go out there. (this is probably why Avery missed school the next 2 days!)
When I went outside to check on the girls and get this pick I turned around because I heard giggling........this is what I found!
I told Blake to stand at the door and watch. He didn't have any pants on because we are potty training. Obviously, as soon as I walked out the door he ran and got his boots and came outside! Goofball!
But he is so handsome
Terrible picture of me, but I love it when they smother me with kisses!
This was supposed to be our Christmas Eve fire......but a month late will work.
Kid Quotes
Back on our last trip to London Avery blurted out, " I just feel like everyone is talking British!"
One night while we were eating dinner Allie said, "It's not about being rich, it's about having a great life!" I can't remember what it was exactly that prompted her to say that. I know this was before our trip to London. I think Derek and I had been talking about places we would go, things we would do, etc. Of course Derek always mentions money and things being expensive.......I think that is maybe what prompted it.
VIDEO


2 comments:
What a nice surprise:) Yes I'm sure
being out in that damp weather you
have is what made Avery sick. Blake
is so handsome and his hair looks
like it is getting darker. Allie is
always so caring of others:)I will have to watch the video at home, my
computer here at work is so outdated. Thank you for the update.
Love and Miss you!!!
Mom
If I need a little chuckle I just
pull this post up and look at little Blake and his boots!!! Then
I look at him in his dress clothes
and see how handsome he is:)
Post a Comment