Monday, November 18, 2013

From the Mouths of Babes

This morning I was telling the girls about the tornados in the Midwest. I asked Allie if she remembered playing soccer at Mintonye and Southwestern this past Spring. She couldn't remember it so I reminded her of her team, the Tia Tornados. Then she remembered. I showed her a picture of the school that someone had posted on Facebook. She gasped and said, "that happened because of the Tia Tornados!" So glad no one was hurt and that school wasn't in session!

Thursday afternoon I was waiting at the  bus stop for the girls. The bus came and everyone was getting off except for them. They finally did slowly come stumbling off. I could tell they had both been asleep. They have an hour bus ride and I tell them it's the perfect time for naps......especially now that it's pretty much dark when they get off. Anyway, I asked them if they had been sleeping and Allie just smiled and shook her head yes. She said, "Avery fell asleep right away. I was trying so hard to keep my eyes open because I didn't want to miss our stop but my they were just getting too heavy and I couldn't keep them open anymore."

Neither of the girls ever really want to talk about their day at school. Avery was in a good mood after her nap though. She told me that she, "fell off the swing thing (I later found out it was the teeter totter) at school. But, I didn't cry, Mom, and I didn't go to the nurses office!" We've had too many talks about going to the nurses office for silly things! She then changed her story some and told me that, "Nathan catched me." "Nathan is my boyfriend. So is Jake. Me: You have 2 boyfriends? She shakes her head like it's no big deal. "No, I mean I have 3 boyfriends. Dylan is my boyfriend too. Don't tell Dad though."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny :) Avery has 3 boyfriends. That is cute. An hour bus ride that is a long time. Have they ever not gotten off the bus because they were asleep??

Love you,
aunt Ang

Brooke said...

I know.....it's so long. They don't seem to mind it too much. Allie will read on the way to school b/c everyone is too tired to talk but on the way home she's usually a little social bug. I think this was the first time she's went to sleep. Exhaustion was setting in from our recent adventures!