The day before Halloween the girls had a Character Book Parade at school. They were supposed to pick out a favorite book, and dress up as a favorite character if they wanted, hold the book, and walk in the school parade. We got lots of reminders about this event and every reminder stressed the idea that the students did not have to dress up. I took it as they preferred them not to so there wouldn't be too many distractions. We didn't have time to prepare for this much because it was 2 days after getting back from Portugal. Allie really loves all books so I just had her choose one of her Junie B. Jones books b/c she could still kind of dress like her but it wouldn't be overly distracting or a lot of work to put together. Avery's class made something in school to wear so I didn't have to worry about her. When I got to the parade almost every kid was decked out! Although most were just wearing their Halloween costumes.
No comments:
Post a Comment