Derek left Sunday morning. As of last night he finally arrived at his final destination.......although the airlines lost his luggage so he is still in his civilian clothes and pretty cold. Sunday was rough on all of us. We had been so busy with everything and the travel that we never mentally prepared ourselves for the long goodbye. I'm not sure the kids totally understand how long he's going to be gone. They were so caught up in being at Grandma & Grandpa's that it didn't really phase them much. I, however, was a wreck most of the day and even though we were at a family get together I pretty much kept to myself. I was so exhausted and just drained.
When we dropped Derek off at the airport Blake fell from his carseat, out of the Expedition, down to the ground. We're not exactly sure how he fell but he was on the ground on his back and the side of his head was banged up (like a road rash). I feel terrible that that was the last image that Derek saw and I'm sure had a hard time shaking. Blake is completely fine though and we've been able to Skype and Derek can see that and know that he is still our happy little boy.
These are the only pictures I got at our Brooks get together
2 comments:
I'm glad that you are at your parents so they can keep you company! Thinking about you guys!!! Merry (belated) Christmas!! :)
So sorry that you've had a rough time, I know from experience saying goodbye is not easy but thankful that you have family there to help you with this transition. Hopefully time flies by faster than you anticipated and Derek is back home before you know it.
By the way, that is a great picture of Hannah!
Love you
Kim
Post a Comment