Ever wonder what happened at the sleepover the girls went to? For those of you that really know our girls you probably already guessed. When I went to pick them up, the first thing Tonya (the brave Mom that hosted) said, "Avery's going to need a nap today!" Right away I can hear Avery screaming in the kitchen. I quickly run over to assess the situation. Avery wasn't getting her way........she wanted a Gogurt and didn't have one. Allie quickly handed over hers to get Avery to stop screaming. She is seriously the BEST big sister EVER!
Tonya proceeded to tell me that they put the kids in the bedrooms to go to sleep somewhere between 9 and 10. Her and her husband went back downstairs. Two hours later they go to check on the girls and Avery is still awake and playing with toys! They ask her to go back to bed but she tells them "no". They weren't sure if she went to sleep at all because when Scott got up at 5am to go workout Avery met him on the stairs and asked for a drink! He did get her a drink but asked her to just be really quiet because everyone else was still sleeping.
The rest of the story came from Allie. She said she was probably the first one to go to sleep and everyone else was already up and had eaten breakfast by the time she got up. That's not a surprise if you know Allie.
After we left we went home and got ready for story time at Barnes and Noble. As we were leaving story time Avery said she was really hungry (it was lunch time) but she wanted to take a nap first. She fell asleep on the way home and slept for 2 1/2 hours. The kids also had their first day of swim lessons that day. Good thing she had the nap! After swim lessons and an early dinner Avery was asking to go to bed. That never happens!!!
The Letter
I forgot to post this sweet letter that Allie wrote at our hotel in Dallas (when we were on our way to Idaho).
She did this without any help.
| so sweet |
Starved????
You would think our boy was starved. He goes crazy whenever he sees food and no matter how much he eats he always wants more. This morning I was in the kitchen fixing his breakfast. He was in the living room with Avery......or so I thought. Now, thinking back, he was very quiet. He's always really hungry in the morning and screaming for food. I finished getting his cereal ready and took it over to the kitchen table by his chair. I turned around and Blake was standing at the girls little table with his mouth stuffed full of animal crackers! Both girls had a small bag of crackers left on the table from last night. He found one and had completely finished one of the bags!
2 comments:
I love the sweet letter to me and papa and I can read every word. Miss you too Allie!!! Oh Blake what
a mess, he must have been enjoying them to be so quiet!
We don't allow sleep overs. Erika had a friend over once and they didn't get enough sleep. Erika was a bear for the next 3 days. So everytime she asks i just say "We don't do sleep overs!"
Post a Comment