Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Canyon Lake

Now that Derek has a little more free time (well, a lot compared to the very little he got before) he's able to take some time off work. He took Monday off so we could get the boat out and take it for a little joy ride. Good thing we started prepping the boat on Saturday because the battery was dead. Guess that's what happens when it's been over a year since it's been out of the garage!

In the end we decided to make a camping trip out of it. We left after church on Sunday and had such a great time. I always talk about how much work a one day camping trip is.......and is it really worth it all. We made this one so low maintenance, which I believe is the way to go on short trips and with little ones in tow. The only thing we cooked over the campfire were some marshmallows! Breakfast was cereal and everything else was just grabbing fast food or easy snacks. It made it much more relaxing!

none of the kids have liked this life jacket
in the end he tolerated it pretty well
someone doesn't want to go tubing
Avery would rather be swimming
we were always going "too fast"
Blakers fell asleep while Derek was driving/pulling Allie & I on the tube
the kids favorite part.......the beach!
I enjoyed the beach too. Loved that we could sit in the water and just relax.



We had a great time. We're planning to go again soon!

5 comments:

alice.scanlon said...

Looks like you were really having a good time. Maybe Avery and Blake had a moment !! Lol

TerriV said...

This place looks awesome!! I think
I would even like to go. I bet it
was a fun day.
Love ya

Bryan and Kim said...

That would be so nice, especially in the heat!

alice.scanlon said...

You changed a picture.....lol

kevin said...

looks like lots of fun (i like the chair in the lake idea) and that tube is awesome big! Blake is pretty cute passed out on Derek.