Monday, October 25, 2010

Happenings.....

We've had a lot going on this past month.......hence the lack of updates. Here's a little taste of what we've done this month:
  • October 2nd was Derek's birthday........we celebrated with ice cream cake from his fav place, DQ. We also had a garage sale.
  • October 3rd TAKK arrived. Our girls were beyond excited!!
  • October 4th we left for Indiana and spent 6 days there (really 2 of them were traveling since we drove the 19 hours). It was a very busy trip.....We were going for my brother's wedding. Congrats Bryan and Kim!! It was a beautiful wedding.
I was exhausted after the car trip. That next morning Avery woke up super early. I stayed up with her for a little bit and then I woke up my Mom & Dad to take care of her so I could get some rest. This is how I found them when I got up later. :)
When we got back from Indiana I found a package waiting for me.........
I was super excited! Why was I so excited about cleaning supplies?? Well, this was a FREE sample I sent for.....never did I think it would be such a BIG sample.....33 lbs worth of cleaning supplies!

  • School
    ~Allie & Abby are going to the same school. They love it when they get to see each other at school functions and when their classes line up next to one another at the end of the day.
    ~Last week I dropped Allie off at school........and got a phone call from the school nurse about an hour later saying she had been throwing up. I felt so bad for Allie!!
    ~ That same day we had parent teacher conference (I drove to the school a lot that day!). Allie is doing great - a little above average according to her teacher. She thinks she is ready to start reading!
    Things to work on: recognizing the letters S, Z, D, J, V, U and W. 
    ~ I'm one of the room mom's for her class so that's pretty fun!
     
  • Sea World
    The girls and I decided to take advantage of our memberships and of the park being open on Friday's this month.....so we went a couple weeks ago after school. There were lots of scary decorations up so it wasn't the greatest experience.......and we forgot our wagon so we were exhausted afterwards too. We only went to one show.......

    • Races
    ~ 2 weeks ago Derek and Tami were both in a triathlon. Derek's team came in 4th in the all male Xtreme division (they were 20 seconds behind 3rd place). Tami's team came in 2nd in the all female Xtreme division.
    ~ This past weekend Derek ran a 1/2 marathon!

  


More to come!!!


3 comments:

Nicole and Abe said...

geez... you guys have been busy. I don't think I realized that you DROVE all the way to Indiana... you guys are crazy :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pic's Boogie

Charity Brown said...

wow! how'd you get that sample?!!