Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010


Happy Mother's Day!
Today was a great day. I got to spend it with my beautiful daughters and amazing husband, my awesome Mom and Dad, and my wonderful Grandma. Can't get better than that! I love them all so much....they mean the world to me.
Allie was so cute. When she woke up this morning she came right over to me and gave me a big hug and kiss and said, "Happy Mother's Day!" We'd been talking about it all week long and she remembered. I can't even count how many times she told me, Mom and GG Happy Mother's Day! She was so into it! We had watched a Dora episode on Mother's Day earlier in the week and so Allie knew it was a time to let Mom know how much you love her......and get her a present, lol. So, Allie said, "but Mom, who's gonna take me to get you a present?" It was really cute and sweet. I just laughed and told her she didn't have to get me a present. Of course she really wanted to so my Mom took her and Allie wanted to get me flowers. Mom convinced her that wasn't a good idea since we didn't have a home right now. So instead she got me an outfit. I love that little girl. I love Avery bug too. I am so blessed to have such wonderful, loving children.
Also throughout the week the girls and I put together some gifts for Mony & GG. They painted birdhouses and help me put together a tea towel "cake" for them. I'll have to post pics of the painting process in another post....little Miss Avery was a MESS!
I just want to say thanks to Derek for coming to stay with us this weekend. Sorry I ruined your surprise! And a shout out to my MIL, Paula, I don't know if you read this..but we missed you today. Happy Mother's Day - we love you! Happy Mom's day to my Momma. I love you lots and you are my very best friend. I hope that my girls and I will have the same kind of relationship that we do. I want them to know that they can talk to me about anything. I'm not only their Mom but a friend too and I'm always there for them and would do anything for them, just like you, Mom.

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!






2 comments:

Nicole and Abe said...

Happy Mother's Day!! That is so great you got to spend it with your mom and grandma... and the girls and Derek. So fun. It was good talking to you the other day! Let us know when you guys get a camera and skype.

Tami H. said...

LOVE the gifts, those are VERY cute, love the birdhouses too - very impressive. Abby LOVED talking to Allie last night - how fun that they are old enough to carry on something of a conversation :)