Saturday, May 1, 2010

The "Move"

We're officially out of our home. Really, this "move" has been the easiest one yet. I don't know if we're just getting used to it (3rd move in 5 years) or what it is exactly. I started packing a while ago so the past few weeks I would just do about 5 small boxes a day and then the last few days I just had to put what was left out in a couple of boxes and we were done! We had a few friends help us with the loading. We're very thankful for them! They all helped us in our last move too and they've been a huge help. We're especially thankful for Kevin & Tami for helping us with loading, watching our girls, cleaning, throwing us a good bye party etc!! Although we didn't spend as much time as we should have/would have liked together while we lived so close I am grateful for the time we did spend with each other. We're going to miss you guys!
Anyway, I got a little distracted! The packing went kind of fast, I thought....probably not for anyone else (I didn't do a whole lot of lifting). The cleaning went by fairly quickly too. We got it all done in one day with a long break for lunch and a long break for dinner with our closest friends. My parents came over to watch our girls so we could clean without distractions so that helped a ton!
The morning we started to pack Avery threw up a couple of times and Allie wasn't her usual self......she was just laying around. Once Abby & Kaiya got there they both were acting fine - running around, playing etc. Allie would stop every now and then and go inside to lay down for a while. I knew something wasn't right. Avery never stopped...she threw up all over me towards the end of the day, but it didn't stop her. Allie has been sick since Wednesday..still not feeling well today. She's averaging a temp of 103! She won't eat anything. I'm not really sure what to do. I feel like anytime I take my kids to the doctor they complain that I brought them in when they didn't need to be or if I wait to bring them in they complain that I didn't bring them in soon enough.
Okay, off track again....my brain just isn't working right ever since the vacuum fell on top of me while I was cleaning our stairs. I have a nice little cut on my nose along with a bump and bruise and my head has been "heavy" since then.
Back to the move....so everything fit in our ABF truck. We used up ever possible inch though. Our cleaning passed our landlords inspection with flying colors. He was there before Derek even got there and had already been through the house and had a load of mulch in the driveway (I've mentioned before that they are moving back in and are very anxious to do so). Derek is now living with Kevin & Tami for a couple weeks and the girls and I are in Indiana with my parents. We did end up paying the full price for the house we wanted. The closing is scheduled for May 28th....looks like we'll be moving into our house over Memorial Day Weekend/our 6th year anniversary. Hopefully we'll be able to find some help over that busy weekend!

Anyway, kids are calling and this post is so all over the place so I think it's best if I just stop rambling! I'll post some pics later.

3 comments:

Introspective Steph said...

How are the girls and yourself? Yikes...about the vaccum! That sounds scary! Everytime I walk down the stairs with our laundry I have a thought of "what if i fell down these steps with the laundry." Mind you at the bottom of the steps is hard concrete (our basement!). Hope everything else is going well for you guys!

Katrina Senasec said...

Hey! We need to get together while you guys are in Indiana!!! Let me know some dates/times that work for you guys! You could come over and the girls can play or we could meet someplace!

KHUB said...

yeah, i wish we had more time together (and i wish i'd been better at planning things to do together). thanks for all the fun times we did have though - being close to you guys was my main reason for going to AFIT. i am going to have to start reading your guys' blog again now that you have moved out so i can keep up with what you guys are doing.