Wednesday, May 12, 2010

homeLESS

Technically, right now we don't have a home to call our own. We're supposed to close on "our" house in TX at the end of this month/beginning of June. In the meantime, Derek is mooching off of Kevin & Tami and the girls and I are mooching off my parents. It fits us perfectly, just ask anyone that knows us well, we're moochers. Not in a bad way - I just mean that we like anything that's free.

Our first week in Indiana has been action packed. Busy, busy, busy!! Seriously. BUSY! I've had a lot of fun driving my Mom's car around. I miss driving a car so much - I really want to get rid of the van now and get a car! Okay, so here's a highlight of our week in pictures. Enjoy! (hopefully I'll get a program to be able to make collages soon.......there are so many pics!)
  • Armstrong Park
  • Chuck E Cheese - this was Avery's favorite thing to do!
  • Columbian Park
  • Columbian Park w/ cousins Trenton & Jenna
  • Columbian Park w/ GG!
  • Columbian Park - Dino Dig (you HAVE to wear the goggles)
  • Happy Hollow Park
  • Going for a walk @ Happy Hollow
  • Lots of hopscotch & sidewalk chalk

  • Columbian Park -- again
  • this time w/ cousin Conner and Auntie Ashley
  • My girls fav part about the park

  • Spending time @ GG's with cousin Kiya
  • Painting birdhouses (not so much) for Mother's Day

  • Exhaustion is finally wearing in - Allie asleep at the dinner table!
  • Mother's Day lunch - - Avery didn't last long
  • visit with our bestest friends from our college days, Kevin & Erin Allen! Their daughter, Erika, teaching Allie how to use the camera on the phone.
  • cornhole on Mother's Day - - Derek made these from scratch for my parents. (pretty good job, I must say!)

It's not so bad being homeLESS!!

4 comments:

Pfeil Pfamily said...

Looks like "homeLESS" is a TON of fun!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! It makes me miss Lafayette soooo much! Awesome cornhole game. Can he make me some? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you and the girls have
been homeless. These last 2 weeks
are the moments I will have to hold
onto until I see you next time. I'm
gonna miss you like crazy!!!
Love,Mom

Anonymous said...

Boogie..I just now realized you had been posting....What wonderful memories..Thought I was looking at Faffy when I saw my picture with the girls....I certaintly enjoyed you being homeless.....now miss hearing G/G....G/G

Love you, Grandma