Friday, September 18, 2009

Hoccckking Hills


ha, ha! Can't you just hear the big ol' loogey?! We went to this place in Ohio, Hocking Hills (comparable to Turkey Run, but better sights), on Wednesday and Thursday. We rented a cabin as a late birthday gift for me since I've been wanting to go to this place for a while now. Lots of hiking = lots of pictures so I'll just post a few of my favorites. I might add a slide show of more later.....I just need to get this up here since we're taking off on more trips tomorrow! That, of course, means more posts to come!
Appropriate!

A hocking we will go, a hocking we will go!


Can you see the sphinx head?


so strong!

Upper "Falls" @ Old Man's Cave

Ash Cave --the picture doesn't do this place justice! This place was really cool.

view from Conkle's Hollow -- again, the picture doesn't do this justice. Absolutely beautiful views. 2 1/2 mile hike around the RIM of the gorge (we are so sore today!) Oh, and Allie said something really cute here...as we were walking along the trail she said it was "too hairy". We were trying to figure out what she was talking about and then realized she was talking about all of the pine needles covering the ground! Too funny!

view from inside the rock house

I just have to mention this because it was one of the highlights of our trips (Well, Derek's anyway.) We stopped to eat a late lunch on the way home and I asked Avery for a kiss. She leaned in and just as she was about to kiss me she belched the loudest burp anyone of her size could possible do! It was disgustinly hilarious!

2 comments:

Tami H. said...

I am impressed you got this post it. Looks like it was beautiful. Good story. Lookin forward to seeing more pics.

Anonymous said...

You really did a good job , so many beautiful pictures.

The girls look like they like all the hiking too.

G/G