Monday, April 27, 2009

Hiking, Climbing, Animals & More

So I've been a little behind in my blogging........I'll briefly try to catch everyone up on our happenings. Two weekends ago we went hiking with some friends at Clifton Gorge. It is a beautiful place with waterfalls and cool rock formations. It's also a bonus that it is only about a 10 minute drive from our house (it's connected to John Bryan State park, which I've mentioned before). After we hiked for a little while we decided to grab our climbing gear and go climbing over at John Bryan. We were originally going to drive but after a quick vote it was decided that we would hike. I should probably mention that we didn't start our adventures until around 4 pm that day because Derek was stuck at school until 3 pm. I don't even know what time it was when we started for our climbing destination, but we figured it wasn't that far and we'd have plenty of daylight left. Well, it took a lot longer to get there than we thought it would and Avery was NOT HAPPY. She was tired and hungry. I stopped to feed her and told the others to go on and I would find them. When I found them Allie looked exhausted and she was starving! Anyway, we got the climbing in and we had to hike to our cars in the dark........but it was fun.




This past Friday, we went to Carriage Hill with friends. It's a cute little "working farm" set in the 1800's. Allie was thrilled to be spending time with Adeline, "Cole", and Laurie. We saw some animals, had a picnic and went to the little country store for some penny candy where I got Allie a good portion of chewy candy and one piece of hard candy......and a sucker for myself - and when we got in the car Allie asked if she could try my sucker, so I let her.......I never got it back! She did trade me her candy though. She's a smart little cookie. So, I didn't take a whole lot of pics, but you can find more on Nicole's photography blog. She takes such AMAZING photos! If any of you are ever out this way and would like some photos taken of you and your family I would HIGHLY recommend her!


Friday night Mony and Papa came over! Allie was really excited about this. We met them at Chic-fil-a so we could eat and Allie could play. Saturday we went to Allie's favorite playground. The weather was sooooooo beautiful! It's always nice to have Mony and Papa visit!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the pic Nicole took of Avery, very cute!!!

Nicole and Abe said...

I love your scrapbooking layouts... good job! That was fun too, we will have to do it again

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics. You guys are
always having a good time. The pics are small and hard for me to
see but I hope Allie and Avery are
not on your back when you are
climbing.
Love Mony