Wow! This month has flown by. I know it's been forever since I have posted. I can't believe that I only posted once this month!! (That's kind of why I created this post into several small ones instead of one HUGE post) Anyway, we've been soooo busy and/or sick that I just never got around to it. Yes, we have all had the flu and also had colds. We just seem to be passing it all back and forth. We were so thankful that we were all healthy for Chrismas though! Although,Derek has a cold now :(
We had a very Merry Christmas and hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas as well. We've enjoyed your letters and pictures. Please don't think that we forgot about you this year. With everything that was going on we just never got around to sending anything out this year. Maybe we'll have to do it sometime in the next few months. We were able to go back to Lafayette for Christmas again this year and enjoyed every minute of it. The girls and I were there for a whole week! Derek didn't want to burn up leave so he came back over on Christmas Eve. We stayed up numerous nights playing Ticket To Ride (our new favorite board game). Thanks Aaron and Karen!!
I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but since I haven't posted in forever I guess I'm bound to forget something. Oh yeah, I read Twilight........GREAT book, highly recommended. I can't wait to get my hands on the next one and to go see the movie!
Last night we went bowling with our friends, Joe and Laurie. It has been forever since we bowled and it was a lot of fun. We then went to dinner at one of their favorite restaurants, El Toro. It was yummy!
Now for the latest news. We NEVER saw this one coming..........our house is being forclosed. Yeah......you read that right, FORECLOSED. The property manager for the house called us this morning to tell us he saw it in the paper. He tried calling the owners and the attorney to find out more about it but no one was answering their phones or returning his calls. The owner finally called back and said she spent too much on it and so she decided she would just let it foreclose. He was like, hello....how can you do that to the people you are renting it to, especially when they have been such great tenants. WHICH WE HAVE!!! She didn't care though. So anyway the house goes up for auction on the 22nd and so we have until then to find somewhere else to live! We're going to have to do a lot of looking and praying these next few days. We don't know if we should rent or buy......possibly even buy this one. Derek is done here in 15 months so we could be leaving the area then, which would make it silly to buy. But, if he gets stationed here again then it might be worth it to buy. Who knows!
Anyway.........everyone have a happy and safe NEW YEAR!!!
3 comments:
I cannot believe that about your house. How rude of that lady. Luckily the manager found out and was able to let you know before the 22nd. You know you could always look back here in Indiana to buy a house!!!
First of all, I can't believe that about your house!! I am so sorry. What are you guys going to do? You should move closer to us :) I am jealous that all of you went bowling. I haven't been forever. It will be fun to get together again for game night! Hope you guys had a good christmas!
WHAT!!! I can't believe she is letting it foreclose. It seems like you guys have put in so much time to make it "yours" with the basement tiles and how much time you spent searching for a place. We will pray for you guys to know what to do. Good luck.
Post a Comment