Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving & Shopping

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It was so nice to spend time with family, strengthen our bonds, and eat great food. The whole time we were gone went by so fast because we were having such a good time and were always doing something. Our trip back to Indiana started off with us arriving there Wednesday night. Mom and Dad had pizza delivered so we were able to eat as soon as we got there! We visited a while and then did our planning for our days of shopping that were to come. Derek headed to Meijer around 2am Thanksgiving morning to check out lines and the layout of the store. I decided to get a couple hours of sleep! He came back to pick me up and we were at the store by 4am and in our lines. He was in line for a TV (for my cousin) and then ended up getting one for ourselves (to try and sell). I had to choose between Wii Fit or Rock Band Wii. I decided on Rock Band and was 2nd in line for it.........I would have been 5th in line for the Wii Fit. So, basically, either way I was going to get what I wanted according to the minimum amount they had listed in their ad. Long story short, I didn't get the Rock Band but complained enough that I was able to get a raincheck....although it's probably useless since it expires in 30 days and they, more than likely, won't have any in by then. Hopefully something will happen (I've since wrote to Meijer about my experience) otherwise it was a huge waste of time.


Thanksgiving Day
Derek and I were exhausted, but I got up to help clean up and get my banana pudding made for the meal. (I think Derek slept until about 3 0r 4pm!) WE had a delicious meal and had lots of fun chatting, making plans for Christmas and playing Bingo.
Allie sliding down the basketball return

Liv & Av

B-I-N-G-O!

After everyone left we went through the ads for Black Friday and planned out our routes once again. I went to bed around 10:30, got up at midnight to see if anyone would be putting stuff up for sale online......but they weren't so I went back to bed. I got up again at 3 (Derek was still awake) and we teamed up and ordered some things online. This is the best way to get shopping done, in my opinion. True, we're up extra early, but we aren't in long lines in the cold and most of the stores were offering free shipping! After that, Derek went to bed.......I was off to Kohls and Bryan and Kim were off to Meijer (we both wanted things at each of these stores so I bought things for them and they bought things for me!) Then I went to a few other stores and headed home with a packed van! I think I was home around 8:30 and I stayed up and went shopping AGAIN with my Mom, Aunt and cousin! I didn't buy anything this time though. I was exhausted by this point so I took a nap with Allie when we got back!
Saturday is a blur........I really don't know what all we did (did I sleep all day?), besides eat at Pepe's (our FAV restaurant) and take the TV to my cousin
Sunday was Thanksgiving dinner with family. It was another wonderful meal and lots of people got to see Avery for the first time!
Allie & Alex coloring

Great Grandpa meeting Avery for the 1st time!

All of the great grandkids (from left to right) Allie, Parker, Matthew, Avery, Madison, Cade, Maddox, Cameron, Alex - by the end of the picture ALL of the kids were screaming/crying. (Avery & Maddox were born on the same day!)

Allie & Matthew shooting hoops

We missed seeing Derek's family :( I'm sure we'll be closer to them someday and we'll be spending more time with them....and then we'll be missing my family. I guess that's just how it goes. We have so many things to be thankful for and, of course, we are extremely thankful for our family and friends. We are so grateful for all that we have and for the many blessings that we receive. We hope everyone had a Terrific Thanksgiving and that everyone has a Merry CHRISTMAS!!!!
Here are Avery's cute "little" rolls that I promised to show a few posts back:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Avery GG would love to pat those sweet little rolls....Just too cute...See you all soon...

Love ya, Grandma

Anonymous said...

I finally figured it out!!! Such
cute pics, ones that we can laugh
about even though al the kids are
crying. Your visit back at xmas
can't come soon enough.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

you were probably smarter than me. I waited all night at best buy in the cold with some friends. Tami was smarter and just woke up at 4am and went to Sears and Kohls (of course, they do not get the long lines though).

Anyways, i love the pictures and hearing how you guys are doing. we are still hoping i get accepted to AFIT scholarship to come join you guys.