Prior to Valentine's Day I had put up this "What I love about you?" paper for the kids to find. As soon as they found it they got right to work! They had it done in a matter of no time! They made the comment that the hearts weren't big enough!!
Valentine's for teachers
And they were set on heart attacking their teachers, so I managed to get to both Allie and Avery's classes. I figured it would be too difficult for the Kindergartners. First, I had lunch with both girls and had each of the kiddos in their class write one word they thought of when they thought of their teacher. It was so fun to see what the kids came up with! They love their teachers!
And, Derek hates Valentine's Day and very rarely gets me anything. I was not expecting anything and usually if he is going to do something for me or get me anything I figure it out. Completely surprised by this!
February is the perfect time of year to go and rebuild all of your LEGO sets.
We finished the cornhole boards that we were making for our landlords
Spent a day in Oxford.
We stayed in a palace turned resort in Chipping Norton.
Because it was still half term for the British kids they had lots of activities going on. They also had a pool, golf course, football golf, playground and animals.
And a cupcake decorating contest.
The next day we went to Blenheim Palace
They had a maze so we did our usual boys vs girls......and the boys won for the very first time!
We had 2 trips to the ER this month! All within less than 2 weeks. The first was Blake. I had a call from school (I was actually just pulling up as they called) and they said Blake had fallen at recess. They think he fell right into a bench and it went right through his cheek. There was blood everywhere. I had offers right away for someone to take the girls and I was able to get Blake out of there before the buses left at the end of the day (it happened at end of day recess). The school ended up getting a hold of Derek too and I am so thankful that he met me at the ER because as soon as I saw them poking him with this massive needle over and over and over again, I just couldn't watch anymore. He ended up having one stitch on the inside of his cheek because it was so deep and then 5 on the outside. A couple of things we learned about our boy. He is so BRAVE! He didn't cry -- once! He was so calm and I have no doubt that is what kept me so calm. We even got amazing comments from the doctor -- he was praising us, but all of the praise goes to Blake! Two, Blake is sooooo loved! Throughout the afternoon/evening we had 6 messages from friends and parents of his friends all checking on him! The next day he came home with a sweet note from a friend too! Our friend that watched the girls sent him three boxes of cookies -- he was in heaven! And another friend brought him some small candy bars! :)
The 2nd trip to the ER was with Allie. Avery and I were out playing basketball. I had a rare miss and it bounced off the rim right towards Allie who had just come out of the back door. The patio was slick from the rain and mildew, Allie got scared that the ball was going to hit her and took off running. Her feet went right out from under her and she landed hard on her arm. She still won't move it out of the one position (the position I kept my arm in when I broke my wrist!)....but they say it's just bruised.
Basketball. Avery's season came to and end. She finally scored some baskets thanks to her lucky charm (her teacher) coming to a game. That was definitely some great motivation for her! Then she scored again her next game -- thanks to more great fan motivation! I thought for sure she'd score in her final game when her lucky charm came to watch again, but it just wasn't in the cards. We're grateful for her fans and the time they took out of their evenings to cheer her on!
This is one of her baskets!!
Celebrating our 17 years of being together since our first date.
No school day with friends
Class picture day
Valentine's package from Mony & Papa
Avery wanted to join me on my walk
Blake had his 1/2 birthday celebration at school! This was so exciting for all of us because since our kids have summer birthdays they never get to celebrate at school with their friends. He along with one of his teachers actually made and baked the cupcakes in class! Fun, fun!!
Random pics of Blake and Avery in their "hideouts"





















No comments:
Post a Comment