Thursday, June 2, 2016

Soccer

Both girls played soccer again this year. This time, Derek did not coach. We weren't sure how that would go over, but it went really well! Avery loved her coaches and they loved her! She had such a great year.......so much more aggressive than last year. We were very impressed!

Allie also had a great year. She had a great first half of the season. Loved her coach and he really worked her and gave her a lot of encouragement. Then he had to leave for work and the assistant took over and he tended to not really play the girls much (which were just Allie and his daughter).....all he cared about was winning. There were 2 brothers on the team, who were really good, but they were ball hogs. Allie was getting frustrated because she rarely touched the ball (when she was put in). I thought about going directly to the sports director to say something but decided it would be best to talk to the coach about maybe focusing more on teamwork. He knew exactly what I was talking about......but I didn't realize they were all friends. Things got better after that as far as Allie getting more touches but the coach was definitely hostile around me and even failed to let us know of a canceled practice, about team party etc. I think he was embarrassed and maybe a little offended that I said something, but it was something that needed to be done because it wasn't fair and not what the game is about at this age.......and by not playing Allie and allowing those two to continually hog the ball was going against what he signed up to do. So I have no shame in calling it to his attention. Allie just wasn't having fun and she loves soccer!

We are so blessed to have such amazing people in our lives that care about our kids so much. They had a fan at nearly every game! Their bffs, and their teachers (plus Avery's Kinder teacher) all came to multiple games!






I forgot to get a picture of Avery and her teacher at the game. :( Allie's teacher also came to one of Avery's games!!






No comments: