Saturday, October 10, 2015

Randomness

I am getting behind on blogging. I will get to our Ireland trip soon, but first wanted to share some other random photos from the past couple of months.....


So the story behind this......Allie and Avery both had lost/misplaced their wallets. Well, Avery found hers and we asked Allie to get hers. We knew it was still in the car from one of our little getaways....she went to get it and couldn't find it anywhere! So we decided to use this opportunity to talk to them about the importance of money and taking care of it. I'm sure we've had the talk before, but hoped that this might put things into perspective a little more. We then took all of their cash and put it into their savings accounts. We kept some out for them to spend, but put the cash in our wallets for the time being. Allie later brought us this paper with her thoughts on the situation!! :)


This boy could play with his cars ALL day! So, I decided to research ways to incorporate some learning into his favorite pastime.......


An Alphabet Car Park!! All of his cars have letters of the alphabet on them.....as well as each parking spot. He has to match them up. He's already got it down. Pretty soon I'll change the parking spots to lower case letters to make it a little more difficult. He loves it though! He is so proud of himself when he matches everything correctly.


The kids had dentist appointments. Blake's was at a different time than the girls so I was actually able to get a picture of him (actually Derek did!). He was a champ! Such a big boy!

Avery lost another tooth! I think she looks so stinkin' adorable!!

Blake feeding the ducks at the bus stop.

Blake reading me signs at the bus stop. "Dogs don't poop or it will be on fire!"

2 Favorite After School Activities

Walking their dogs......or tiger. Can you tell they really want a dog?!!?

Library. They have created a library in the girls room. Making their room even messier, but I suppose I can't get mad because at least they are reading. Allie has created labels for all of the books with call #'s and everything....signs, library cards, etc. She has such a love for reading......and I think it has been helping Avery develop a love for it too.

Allie seriously reads a book (or two) every day. She read this one overnight!

Therefore, she is already in the "100 Club" at school for the Reading Counts program. Her teacher announces every time Allie takes a quiz and how many points she has. Allie says it's so embarrassing because everyone starts clapping. Every time someone gets to 100 her teacher also buys them pizza/drink from Rugby's Too (a little place to eat next to the school). Her teacher said she is going to have to rob a bank or something to be able to afford all the pizza Allie is going to earn this year! ;)

Speaking of Allie's teacher. Allie absolutely loves her! They get along so well. They both have the same dry, sarcastic sense of humor. Their class won the Spirit Wear contest last week and guess who got to hold the trophy and Hedgie?! ;)

Derek's birthday was last Friday. He had to work late.......I think it was about midnight or after when he got home......and he has been working those kind of hours since then. We are actually supposed to be in Germany right now (we had flights and everything!) and were told that Derek couldn't take it off. I'm livid because it's no secret the people he works for/with have it out for him for whatever reason. I think they are jealous actually. They are so hurtful and say and do the most rude things and make up lies. It's so sad! Anyway, back to Derek's birthday. I made him this scrumptious apple snicker's pie. And we were able to go out to dinner last night at a favorite restaurant.

Update: Even more proof that Derek's leadership was just telling him he couldn't take off because they wanted to screw him over........yesterday his boss came up to him and said, "Derek, you've been working alot lately. Why don't you take a couple days off this weekend and go spend with your family?" Derek wanted to punch him!!! Are you serious? You made such a big deal about him not being able to take those days off and now you want him to take them off. Really?! So, Derek said........"No, you told me I need to be here so I'm going to be here." Well, guess who isn't at work today? Yep, Mr. Bossy Pants himself. He clearly just wanted Derek to stay home because he realized he was wrong and wasn't needed.......and neither was he so he wasn't going to be there and if he wasn't going to be there than Derek can't be there to see that he's not there either. Seriously the worst boss ever!

Also have to add something else in to make this post a little happier. A couple days ago Blake and I were having lunch. We were sitting across from one another and I was staring off into space. I snapped out of it and made eye contact with Blake and he was just looking at me smiling. I smiled back and he said, " My Mom is soooooo pretty. You're my baby forever!" He makes me melt!! <3 p="">

No comments: