Saturday, April 25, 2015

Busiest Week Ever

Between two field trips, spirit week at school, soccer, making & delivering food for fundraisers and families with new babies, and physical therapy........this has been an incredibly busy week!

We'll start with Spirit Week! This is always such a fun week at school. Monday was DRESS YOUR BEST and I failed to get a picture of the girls. :( Tuesday was SPORTS DAY. This was my favorite. Avery was freaking adorable!!! Allie had a field trip so she didn't participate.

Wednesday was CRAZY HAIR/CLOTHES day. They really weren't too crazy. I tried to get them to let me give them a mohawk hair-do, but they weren't having that. So we went for the Princess Leia look which was actually kinda cute. Their hair looked much crazier by the end of the day!!

Thursday was WEAR PURPLE for Month of the Military Child. They also had a Fun Run. Allie ran 7 laps, Avery ran 6.

Friday was PLACES YOU'VE BEEN. I just realized I didn't get a photo on this day either! Avery didn't participate anyway because this was the day of her field trip. Allie wore her cute Ciao Bella shirt that we got in Italy.

{FIELD TRIPS}
I wasn't sure if I would get to go on another field trip with the girls this year. It's only fair to let everyone have an opportunity. There must not have been enough volunteers because I was able to go on both! Yay!!
Allie's field trip was to the Ely Cathedral & Stained Glass Museum. We got to sit and listen about how stained glass is made, walked around the stained glass museum, then sat and listened to how stained glass was made some more, then they got to make their own "stained glass", had lunch outside with a flock of baby ducks (reminisced about Allie's Duck Presentation last year), put on a play, and finally toured the cathedral. I will be completely honest. When I saw where they were going for their field trip I thought it sounded like the most boring field trip ever. I secretly didn't want to sign up to be a chaperone! Allie really wanted me to though so that's why I did. It actually turned out to be a pretty great field trip. A little too much sitting around listening to how stained glass is made (though interesting) but I liked how they added in the art project and play in between things so things didn't get too boring for them. Great day!

I don't know how I got so lucky to have such an awesome group of girls to chaperone!

Allie and her best friend, Kiera.

helping Kiera finish up her stained glass

The play. Our little performer playing the evil Queen!!



Avery's field trip was to Bircham Windmill. I had been wanting to take the kids here since it's not too terribly far from our house. It is a working windmill and the kiddos were able to climb to the top (Avery FREAKED out when climbing down). They also got to make their own bread, pet the farm animals and just play. It is a very tiny place so it was quite crowded, but all in all, I think it was a great field trip. 
Again, how did I get so lucky to have such an amazing and CUTE group of kids!

And they all fell asleep on the bus. ;) NOT!

And the rest of the photos/videos are just random ones from this month.

The very first week of April, the 2nd and 3rd graders performed for the school.

Then Allie and Avery put together a show of their own at home. Super cute and creative!

The weather has been amazing!! We got to do one of our favorite things last weekend....a family bike ride and picnic.

And I have to include this pic of Blake. He fell asleep on the way home from church. Candy drool and awkward position = very tired boy!

Lastly, the girls' had to say farewell to their principal yesterday. Mr. Shea was such a great principal and we will miss him! He was so good with the students and made every effort to get to know every family. I will miss our Purdue/Indiana/Ohio talks! His leaving was somewhat short notice and of course the girls wanted to get him something. Luckily we started working on something this week....along with the many other things this week. We thought he was leaving next week and found out Friday morning (yesterday) that that was his last day! So I have no pictures, but the girls made him a hedgehog ---similar to the one Avery made for the 100th day of school --- with golf tees for the spines/spikes. See, the girls had been in his office several times this year. One of those times Allie was just sitting there quietly while Mr. Shea was busy with something else. She couldn't stand the awkward silence so she just blurted out, "So, do you like golf!?" haha. I guess he has a lot of golf stuff in his office. Mr. Shea thought it was cute and told me all about it and how she told him her Grandpa plays golf, etc, etc. So, naturally the girls wanted to get him something golf related. We also got him some British flag golf balls, made an American Flag one........and we had ordered one that said 'Fore' our Principal, Mr. Shea but it's not here yet. :( Oh well. I had to call Derek once I found out it was his last day and tell him where everything was scattered throughout the house and have him drop it off in the car so we could give what we had to him! Of course I had an emotional one that I had to console. Allie takes too much after her Mom. I hate farewells and wasn't listening to what was being said or I probably would have been all blubbery too.

1 comment:

Nicole and Abe said...

Love you guys, love your pictures :)