Of course the monkeys were our favorite
This bird loved Derek
No, really!
The birds were shatting left and right. It was so gross. Blake was oblivious. Look closely and you'll see it all over his coat sleeve and hand.
Avery thinks it's hilarious.
Well, she did until it decided to sit on her head. I was too busy laughing to get a good picture.
It looked just like this though.
I don't know if we were supposed to be petting this guy. He tried to bite Allie.
It was a great day out! Fun to drive through and be so close to the animals.
Bonus: they had an indoor play place that the kids enjoyed and it was a great place to warm up.
WINTER WONDERLAND
We took the train to London one day. It was a beautiful day but it also happened to be a Bank Holiday so it got crowded really fast. I didn't take my camera......gasp! I know, can you believe it?! Only took a few pictures on my phone,
The girls only wanted to ride the roller coasters so it was hard to get any pics of them
Actually they probably would have ridden every single ride, but it was soooo expensive. £4 for each of them to ride 1 roller coaster! Obviously we had to set a limit of just 2 rides each kid. It was still fun to walk around. I seriously would have loved to stop at each food booth to eat something. Everything smelled SO GOOD! I'm sure the place is much more magical at night with everything lit up. Maybe we'll try doing that next year.
Afterwards we walked through Hyde Park to the Science Museum. On the way over there Blake twisted his ankle really badly so he wasn't in the best mood. Of course, Avery was now magically too tired to walk or do anything for that matter. They were all bored at the museum. I wasn't all that impressed either. It was a long day but good day to be out of the house.
Best part of the museum was when we left and found this guy outside.
NEW YEARS EVE
The kids wanted to stay up to ring in the new year so we let them give it a go. Around 10pm or so Blake asked to go to bed. At 11:45 (they were SO close!) the girls fell asleep!
Happy New Year!











.jpg)
4 comments:
Wow!!! It sounds like a great new year in England! Your last picture is just breath taking! Did you actually see this or was it on the TV? Ours was much less eventful.... Bryan and I played Friends Scene It Trivia and I won....again :) He never admits it at the end of the year but I know... this is the only game I'll ever win! Happy New Years loves!
P.s. love the "shat"! I just read a book with lots of "english" language in it...I was perplexed on a lot...I'll refrain from asking you though :) love you!
Actually, Kim, our evenings sound very similar. We played Disney Trivial Pursuit...and the fireworks were on tv. No way will we ever fight the crowds to see it in person. I'm still perplexed with a lot of the English language. :)
Thanks for another adventure!!I bet
you weren't suppose to be petting the animal that almost bit Allie,
was it a monkey?? You all stayed
awake later than me:)
Mom: it was a lemur
Post a Comment