Tuesday, August 27, 2013
I Passed!!
I was so nervous about the driving test. I didn't want to fail........and I didn't, I passed!!!! We also drove an hour away to look for a car. That meant if we found something I would have to drive back.......for the first time off base. We did find something (and old beater car, not really any point in getting anything nice here because the roads are so small, parking spots are tiny........it's just bound to get scratched and dented). I'll post pics later. Still haven't taken any. I was nervous for the long drive home. We only have one gps so Derek had it with him and I was to follow. There are SO many roundabouts, we got separated in less than 5 minutes!!! I didn't know which exit off the roundabout he took and I obviously chose the wrong one. I pulled over and luckily we already have our new cellphones so I was able to call him. However, he couldn't give me any directions because I had no idea where I was. Thankfully, all of the cellphone plans over here come with unlimited data and so I was able to use gps on my phone, typed in a city, and told him to meet me there. Whew!!! Driving on the wrong side of the road is definitely different but I think I'm already sort of getting used to it. Now we just need to decide if we are going to get another old beater car for me to drive while we're here or if I'm still just going to drive my nice, new hybrid that we bought and are having shipped over. Not sure I want to risk doing anything to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad u passed!!
I would of been nervous too !! Sounds like you'll do just fine :)
Love ya,
Aunt Ang
Post a Comment