Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hometown Pride

The past couple of days I've taken the kids to Derek and I's hometowns of West Point and Stockwell to show them a little bit about where we grew up. They really enjoyed seeing the homes we lived in when we were their age and had lots of questions to ask. I guess Avery didn't fully understand everything because there was a boat parked at my old house and she asked, "You had a boat when you lived here?"

Derek's childhood home AND where Derek and I lived during our first year of marriage. West Point, Indiana



Brooke's childhood home. Stockwell, Indiana
We also visited the elementary schools that Derek and I attended. Of course their favorite part was playing on the playground.
 
Playground @ Mintonye Elementary (this was actually taken a couple months ago when Allie was playing soccer. She had practice here twice a week)
James Cole Elementary
Blake on the playground @ Cole

While we were in Stockwell I also showed the kids where the rest of my extended family members lived and also where we went to church. There was a new playground at the church so we had to play there for a bit too.


And then we stopped by the cemetery to visit their Great Grandpas and Great-great Grandma & Grandpa's grave sites. They really enjoyed being there and listening to the stories I told them about each one of their Grandparents. I was so impressed with how reverent they were and how intently they were listening to the stories. As we were leaving, I started getting emotional and I knew that they were not far from us and that they were so grateful for the visit and the stories, the memories.

 
 
 


No comments: