Friday, May 10, 2013

SOCCER!!!

Boy have we been busy this past month! Both Allie and Avery are playing soccer this spring and we are at the soccer field 5 days a week! Two practices and two games a week for Allie and one practice a week for Avery. It's been busy but so fun! I love watching them play and it helps the days go by faster.

Avery is playing at the Y and is just in an instructional league. She is going to be quite the athlete!
It's been rainy almost every practice so all I have so far are blurry pictures of her in the gym.
Avery is kicking the ball

When Allie started soccer she had forgotten a lot from the previous season she played. So after the first practice she was pretty hard on herself saying she wasn't any good and wasn't sure if she wanted to play. She is very dedicated and stuck it out and has made such an improvement. The saying "practice makes perfect" really is true! This year she isn't playing with the YMCA, but a local rec league.......Greater Lafayette Regional Soccer Alliance (Derek and I coached a youth team on this league back in the day). A lot of her games have been cold, wet, and muddy. :( She's toughed it out though. They've one most of their games.....only lost one and tied one.

So cool that she's number 11. The same number that Derek and I had when we played soccer in high school
Allie has played goalie a few quarters. She hasn't let any balls get past her yet. It's quite nerve-wracking watching this!
it almost squeezed through her legs!

1 comment:

Derek Huber said...

I have missed so much, Allie looks like a freaking baller out on the field :) She'll love England and will come back an allstar after playing against the Brits. Love you guys and can't wait to see you in less than 2 months.