Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year, 2013!!

I'm looking forward to a fresh start in this new year. Half of the year will be spent here in Indiana and the other half......well, who knows where we'll be. Just got to keep a positive attitude and, although I'm not always good at it, "go with the flow." I actually woke up this morning feeling pretty good. I don't know how to explain it but it really makes me hopeful for a great year. :)

Sometime today I'm going to do my yearly interviews with the girls. I tried looking on the blog for last years and didn't find it. Then I looked further into and it was still written up as a "draft" and never got published. The reason being, I never completely finished their interviews. :( I will make sure I get them done this time. It's so fun to go back and see what's changed, what's stayed the same, you can tell how much they've grown by their answers......and just really see their personailties come through. Next year Blake should be able to start being interviewed!

So, last night to celebrate the last day of 2012 we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese. All three of them had a blast, even us three grown ups had a lot of fun. Allie won the "Super Bonus" on one of the games she played and got a lot of tickets. The look on her face was priceless! Blake loved the rides. His favorite seemed the be the Noah's Ark boat. Avery was constantly going back and forth between the rides and the games but her favorite actually was probably the play place.

Chuck E Cheese was giving away free tickets as soon as we got there. The other little girl in the picture (and her brother) were constantly begging us for tickets. Their parents were not paying any attention to them. They were off playing games themselves.
This rollercoaster ride was intense!

After Chuck E Cheese we went to a place where everyone would eat........Golden Corral.
yep, she ate that entire thing.......
well, Blake got one bite.

By the time we got home from our night out it was already 9pm. We got Blake in bed.......he fell asleep on the way home. Then we figured since the girls were wide awake we'd see if they could make it to see the ball drop. We got out the board games and let them choose which ones to play. First was Yahtzee........that lasted a while. Then we played Clue and by the time that was over we had just a few minutes to go until the new year!

10 seconds!
Happy New Year!
2013


3 comments:

Derek Huber said...

I love Allie and Avery's faces on the roller coaster ride :) Also that cotton candy is spot on Avery, I can't believe she ate the whole thing. Thanks for the post its great to see the pictures of the kids. How come you're never in any of them though?

Bryan and Kim said...

Happy New Year! Its so funny that Allie and Avery beat us out for ringing in the New Year! Bryan and I were in bed by 9:30, oh so old haha. Looks like Chuck E Cheese was fun, can't wait to join you guys later this year, hopefully! Love you guys

Laurie said...

I like the idea of a yearly interview. What kind of questions do you ask? I bet it would be fun to see what changes from year to year. Happy New Year!