Not a lot of exciting stuff going on. The girls are enjoying school. Avery has surprised us and seems to love school and is opening up more and more each day. She's made a little friend, Mia. Mia LOVES Avery and gives her a hug after school every day.....and sometimes even a kiss, lol. Avery is itching for a playdate. She asked me if I knew where Mia lived and I said, "no but I know that her Grandma & Grandpa live up the road from us somewhere.....I just don't know exactly where." Avery replied, " Just put it in the GPS and it will find it!"
I've been noticing that Allie might be a little dyslexic. I've always kind of wondered but thought it could be just a simple mistake since it was all still new to her. I'm not going to get too worried right now but if it continues I may need to look into what to do about it. She consistently writes her sixes as twos.....and quite often fives as 's'. She will get d's and b's mixed up a lot too. She also will write her 7's backwards. Any thoughts on what I can do to keep her from consistently doing this??
Blake is taking more and more steps. He gets so excited! He's such a cuddly, happy (mostly) little boy.
 |
| excited to be walking |
 |
| found sissy's blankey while she was at school |
 |
| for the most part she is full of energy from 5:50AM until she's in bed at 7:30PM. She still needs naps, in my opinion, but she just won't fall asleep most days. This particular day she fell asleep while she was playing! |
 |
| he's not always happy. He loves his naps and does NOT like to be woken up from them. I almost always have to wake him up to go get Allie from the bus stop. He will let me know he's not happy. |
6 comments:
Ah....poor Blake not being able to get his nap completed.
He is so stinking cute! Yea Avery, I knew u would like school. Did u mention Allies problem to the teacher? She may be able to give u some advice. Love u all!
Erika does some of the same things that Allie is doing. I would just keep practicing with her. You might mention your concern to her teacher and she might be able to watch her. Does she have trouble reading the letters/numbers or just writing them?
she can read the numbers and letters fine.....its just the writing.
A lot of the time they say that writing the numbers and letters backwards is nothing to be concerned about as long as they can read fine. They say as long as kids stop doing this by the end of thrid grade it is fine. Just keep working with her it is perfectly normal. Just had this same conversation with some of my friends who are pt and ot's that work with preschool kids.
great pics! Abby still mixes up b's and d's and her left and right, not sure if that means anything??
Blake looks a bit like brian in one of these pics, he is soo cute!
LOve the pic of Avery on the ground! Glad she is liking school!
Cute pictures! Hopefully sissy didn't have a fit that Blake was using her blanky :) Excited to see you guys in December
Post a Comment