yeah, the house we have our contract on.....is junk. No wonder I had such a bad feeling about it! Derek is there right now and it would cost us a good $30k for it to even be liveable really. Even then, Derek said it's very apparent the guy is a smoker, from the smell and the wall and ceiling discoloration...we wouldn't be able to tolerate that! We just barely made it within the 12 days to only lose $100 (I thought it was going to be $1500 so I was livid w/ our realtor man for telling us it was by far the best house).... we had 2 days to spare though, thankfully!
I'm done with the idea of getting something to fix up!! Not worth it, plus we NEED to have time together as a family again. It's been a long time :(
2 comments:
Glad you found out in time! The place we are living in was last inhabited by a smoker and sometimes if we are away for awhile and I come in it still has that smell... and it's been 2 years. And this are discolored and gross... I hate it. But, we're renting, and it's cheap, so I can't complain too much, but yeah, I know the feeling. It's gross!!!
what a bummer!! Good thing he went out there for the inspection. How long is he out there? Hopefully he can find something else while he is out there!
Post a Comment